As a member of the St. Simons Land Trust, you can be sure that your dollars go to work directly in our community to preserve the scenic and natural qualities of the island. Join the more than 1,200 member households who share our commitment to conservation today!
Members who join at a level between $50 and $999 receive a number of benefits, including knowing that they’ve helped the Land Trust to maintain an existing property or acquire a new one! These benefits include:
- Email blasts and newsletters throughout the year
- Special member rate tickets to annual Oyster Roast event
- St. Simons Land Trust car decal
Monthly Membership Giving
Join a growing number of monthly giving members by making your total annual membership contribution over the course of 12 months. When you give monthly, your gift will provide a reliable stream of support that allows the Land Trust to stay focused on its mission to preserve and protect the natural and scenic character of St. Simons Island.
Becoming a monthly giving member is easy!
- You determine the amount of your monthly donation, which you can alter or stop any time by calling the Land Trust directly.
- Your credit card is charged on or around the same date each month and you will receive an email confirmation when it is charged. Each January, you'll receive an annual giving statement for tax purposes.
- Your membership will automatically renew each year!
- And by giving monthly and automatically, you help the Land Trust in its effort to save paper!
Live Oak Society Membership
By joining at a level of $1,000 or above, Live Oak Society members make a strong statement to the Land Trust that they believe in our mission and want to invest their dollars wherever the Land Trust needs it most. In addition to the above benefits, Live Oak Society members also receive:
- Invitation to the annual spring Live Oak Society Reception
- Special Live Oak Society car decal
Live Oak Society Benefactor Membership
If you would like to join by check or mail, please download our mail-in Membership Form or mail your membership donation to:
St. Simons Land Trust
PO Box 24615
St. Simons Island, GA 31522
Make a Gift of Stock
Gifts of appreciated stock are an easy and beneficial way to make a donation to support SSLT. You receive credit for the full market value of the gift and you avoid capital-gains tax on that stock. In order to assure that we receive and properly acknowledge your stock gift, please take the following steps:
- Contact your broker. Ask your stockbroker or brokerage firm to make a direct electronic transfer of the stock certificates to the St. Simons Land Trust account. Please call Emily Ellison at (912) 638-9109 for account information.
- Contact us. In order to properly acknowledge your gift, please notify us as soon as your transfer instructions have been given to your broker. This is important because your broker will not necessarily notify us and our broker will not know the originating source of the donation. When you contact us please provide us with the name of the security or securities being transferred, the number of shares to be donated, and the name and phone number of your broker.