Photography Contest 2020
Photo by John Krivec Photography
Calling all photographers!
The Land Trust is hosting its first-ever Photography Contest.
During a year when spending time outdoors has been more important than ever for the community's collective mental and physical health, and when simply taking a hike through wild places can be restorative and healing, we are grateful that most Land Trust properties have been available for all to enjoy.
As a way to honor the island's natural beauty and encourage everyone to get out on conserved land during the holiday season, we are sponsoring the Land Trust's first-ever Photography Contest! If you will be on St. Simons this holiday season, we hope you'll show us what you love most about Land Trust properties through your camera lens. Whether you're up in an observation tower at Cannon's Point Preserve, picnicking under the oaks at the Old Stables Corner, birding at the John Gilbert Nature Trail, or enjoying any other publicly-accessible Land Trust property, take a moment to snag photos of the landscape and wildlife that surrounds you or the people who accompany you.
Categories for this contest include landscape, live action, people, and wildlife. Both amateurs and professionals are welcome to join in on the fun!
The deadline to submit your photos is midnight on Monday, January 4, and all must be submitted digitally. Winners will be chosen with guidance from Pennies for Preservation photography partners and experts. Winning photos will be used in 2021 Land Trust property spotlights, social media posts, website updates, marketing materials, and local publications.
Rules and Regulations
All photos must be taken on the publicly accessible Land Trust properties (or partner properties) below:
- Cannon's Point Preserve, Frederica Park, Alice Richards Botanical Trail, Guale Preserve, Harrington Greenspace, Historic Harrington School, Harrington Park, General Oglethorpe, Old Stables Corner, Devonwood Greenspace, John Gilbert Nature Trail, Wildlife Preserve, Stollaway, Mildred Huie Museum, St. Simons Land Trust Office, Arnold Road Property
- Landscape (saltmarsh, maritime forest, trails, etc.)
- Live Action (fishing, hiking, biking, etc.)
- People (Covid-friendly gatherings of people, family moments)
- Wildlife (animals in habitat)
You may submit up to three (3) photographs per category. You cannot submit the same photo in multiple categories.
All photographers must sign this electronic form for photos to be accepted.
Each photo should include photographer's name, location, and category.